Glossary for Scaly skin in children
Medical terms related to Scaly skin in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Dandruff: Scaly and dry material that is shed from the scalp
- Dermatitis: Inflammation of the skin.
- Dry scaly skin: Dry scaly skin is skin that is unusually dry and appears to have a scale-like texture, possibly with flaking and peeling.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Erythroderma in children:
- Hodgkin's Disease: A form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system.
- Ichthyosis: Fish-like scaly dry skin areas
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Nummular dermatitis: A skin disorder characterized by the development of round or oval skin lesions which itch and burn. In the initial stages, small red spots or blisters form and the grow and joint together to form a patch. The lesion eventually looks similar to a ringworm infection with a clear centre and a distinct border. The causes of some cases includes mercury fillings and allergy to rubber, nickel, formaldehyde or neomycin.
- Pellagra: Dietary deficiency of vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Scaly skin: Toughness or scaliness of the skin
- Skin conditions: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin lesion: Lesions appearing on the skin.
- Skin pain: Pain affecting the skin.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Tinea versicolor: A condition which is characterized by a chronic noninflammatory multiple macular patches
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Scaly skin in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Scaly skin in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Scaly skin in children or choose View All.
» Next page: Scaly skin in elderly
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: