Glossary for Seborrheic skin
Medical terms related to Seborrheic skin or mentioned in this section include:
- Anorexia Nervosa: A disorder where a distorted sense of body image leads to self-starvation to the point of death in some cases.
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Dehydration: Loss and reduction in body water levels
- Dry skin in children: Dry skin in children occurs when a child has unusually dry skin.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia: An inherited disorder involving the developmental abnormalities during the fetal stage that can affect the skin, hair, nails, teeth and sweat glands. This form of ectodermal dysplasia is characterized by a reduced ability to sweat due to a lack of sweat glands or dysfunction of present sweat glands.
- Hypothyroidism: The decreased activity of the thyroid gland
- Ichthyosis: Fish-like scaly dry skin areas
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Rash: Rash of any type affecting the skin.
- Skin conditions: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin pain: Pain affecting the skin.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Skin texture changes: Changes to skin texture or consistency.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Seborrheic skin:
The following list of conditions
have 'Seborrheic skin' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Seborrheic skin or choose View All.
» Next page: Secondary amenorrhea
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: