Diagnostic Tests for Self-esteem symptoms
Diagnostic Test list for Self-esteem symptoms:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Self-esteem symptoms
- Physical examination
- Measure body mass index (BMI) - i.e. weight in kg/ (height in metres) squared. Anorexia is less than 17.5.
- Examine for signs of anorexia nervosa - e.g. wearing heavy clothes to mask thinness, cold blue extremities, fine downy hair on back and face, slow pulse, low blood pressure, low body temperature, delayed or arrested pubertal development (if onset is pre-pubertal), swelling of ankles if protein deficient, cardiac arrhythmia.
- Examine for signs of bulimia nervosa - e.g. cardiac arrhythmia, dental decay and swollen salivary glands due to vomiting and dehydration due to diuretic abuse.
- Mental state examination - including appearance, behavior, rate and continuity of speech, mood, affect, thought content, evidence of any hallucinations or abnormal beliefs, orientation to time, place and person, attention and concentration, short-term memory, insight and judgement - May help detect psychological conditions that are associated with low self esteem.
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Self-esteem symptoms causes:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Self-esteem symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Self-esteem symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Self-esteem symptoms or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Self-esteem symptoms:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Self-esteem symptoms'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: