Glossary for Swelling of the fingers
Medical terms related to Swelling of the fingers or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Anaphylaxis: An immediate hypersensitivity reaction due to the exposure of a specific antigen to a sensitized individual
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Arthritis: A condition which is characterized by the inflammation of a joint
- Autonomic neuropathy: A condition which is characterized by a functional disturbance or pathological change in the autonomic nervous system
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Hand or wrist problems; often from repetitive motion.
- Cellulitis: inflammation of the subcutaneous fat
- Clotting symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood's ability to clot
- Fibromyalgia: A difficult to diagnose condition affecting the muscles and/or joints
- Finger symptoms: Symptoms affecting any fingers
- Fingers pain: Pain in the fingers.
- Fractures: Breakage of bones
- Gout: Painful joints, most commonly the big toe.
- Hand injury: Any injury to the hand
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura: A form of vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation) that affects blood capillaries and affects mostly the skin, kidneys, joints and stomach.
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lymphedema: Swelling of a region due to obstruction of lymphatic vessels
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nephrotic syndrome: A condition involving excess loss of protein in the urine, reduced albumin levels in the blood and swelling.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Ollier Disease: A rare genetic disorder characterized by abnormal bone development.
- Pseudogout: A condition which is characterized by an acute inflammatory arthropathy caused by calcium pyrophosphate crystals
- Renal failure: A condition characterized by a failure of the kidney to excrete toxic metabolites from the body
- Scleroderma: A rare, progressive connective tissue disorder involving thickening and hardening of the skin and connective tissue. There are a number of forms of scleroderma with some forms being systemic (involving internal organs).
- Scleroderma, systemic: A rare autoimmune connective tissue disease where the body attacks parts of the body and causes scarring and thickness of the tissue. In the systemic form, the skin and organs are involved.
- Seal finger syndrome: A type of finger infection that occurs in people involved with killing and skinning seals. The type of infection is unknown.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Tenosynovitis: The inflammation of a tendon sheath
- Vasculitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to blood vessels
- Venous insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Swelling of the fingers:
The following list of conditions
have 'Swelling of the fingers' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Swelling of the fingers or choose View All.
» Next page: Swelling of the knees
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: