Glossary for Tonsil symptoms
Medical terms related to Tonsil symptoms or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Adenoid disorders: A disorder of the adenoids of the throat
- Adenoiditis: Infection of the adenoids in the nasal-throat region
- Adenoviridae Infections: Infection with a virus from the Adenoviridae family. The most common sites for infection are membrane linings such as the intestines, respiratory and urinary tract and the eyes. The infection may result in a range of symptoms depending on the particular virus involved. Transmission usually occurs through breathing in the germs or through fecal-oral contact. The infection is contagious.
- Adenovirus infection in immunocompromised patients: Infection with a virus from the Adenoviridae family that occurs in a patient with a weakened immune system. The infection in these people is serious and can be fatal. The infection may result in a range of symptoms depending on the particular virus involved. Transmission usually occurs through breathing in the germs or through fecal-oral contact.
- Asrar-Facharzt-Haque syndrome: A form of sinus histiocytosis characterized by lymphadenopathy as well as involvement of other tissues such as the sinus cavity, skin, lungs, bone, eyes, kidneys, testes, head and neck area and the central nervous system. Symptoms vary according to the organ involved. The condition usually runs a prolonged course with spontaneous remission occurring in some cases. Rare cases may be fatal.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Dehydration: Loss and reduction in body water levels
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Dysphagia due to quinsy: Dysphagia due to quinsy is difficulty swallowing caused by quinsy, also called a peritonsillar abscess.
- Dysphasia: Dysphasia refers to difficulty swallowing.
- Eating symptoms: Symptoms related to eating.
- Edematous tonsils: due to inflammation
- Enlarged tonsils: Enlargement of the tonsils, which are glands found in the oropharynx.
- Erythematous tonsils: Erythematous tonsils are tonsils that have an intense red color generally due to irritation or inflammation.
- Esophagus symptoms: Symptoms affecting the esophagus (digestive throat passage)
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Food symptoms: Symptoms related to food.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hyper IgM syndrome 1: Hyper IgM syndrome is a rare inherited immunodeficiency disorder which causes frequent infections involving the ears, eyes, sinuses, lungs, skin, respiratory tract and other areas of the body. Type 1 is caused by a defect on chromosome Xq26 and tends to affects males mostly.
- Hyper IgM syndrome 3: Hyper IgM syndrome is a rare inherited immunodeficiency disorder which causes frequent infections involving the ears, eyes, sinuses, lungs, skin, respiratory tract and other areas of the body. Type 3 is caused by a defect on chromosome 20q12-q13.2.
- Hyper IgM syndrome 4: Hyper IgM syndrome is a rare inherited immunodeficiency disorder which causes frequent infections involving the ears, eyes, sinuses, lungs, skin, respiratory tract and other areas of the body. Type 4 does not involve an increased risk of opportunistic infections and is caused by a defect on chromosome 4.
- Hyper-IgM Syndrome: A rare inherited immunodeficiency disorder which causes frequent infections involving the ears, eyes, sinuses, lungs, skin, respiratory tract and other areas of the body.
- Hypergammaglobulinemia: An increase in the level of any of a number of gamma globulins. This can result from conditions such as chronic bacterial infections, multiple myeloma, lymphomas, dysproteinemias, liver disease and chronic granulomatous inflammations. The exact symptoms depend on the type of gamma globulins involved and the severity of the condition.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Neck symptoms: Symptoms affecting the neck
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, during pregnancy: A cancer that originates in the lymphatic system and occurs during pregnancy. The greatest problem is the fact that the cancer is usually quite aggressive and delays in delivery often results in delayed treatment and a poor prognosis.
- Peritonsillar abcess:
- Peritonsillar abscess: also known as quinsy
- Reddened tonsils: due to inflammation
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Rosai-Dorfman disease: A rare condition characterized by excessive production and accumulation of a particular white blood cell (histiocyte). Accumulation primarily occurs in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck, but may also occur in the skin, central nervous system, digestive tract and kidneys.
- Scarlet fever: A complication of infection from strep bacteria such as strep throat.
- Severe combined immunodeficiency, atypical: A rare blood disorder where the body's immune system is not functioning properly due to a deficiency of certain T lymphocytes and other T lymphocytes which are unable to be utilized.
- Severe tonsillitis: severe infection of the tonsils
- Sore throat: Discomfort in the throat or with swallowing
- Strep throat: An infection which occurs in the throat
- Streptococcal Infections: Various "strep" bacterial infections.
- Sudden inflammation of tonsils: Sudden inflammation of tonsils is a quick onset of redness and irritation of the tonsils.
- Sudden onset of quinsy: Sudden onset of quinsy refers to a condition in which there is a rapid development of a puss pocket in the tonsil area of the throat.
- Swallowing symptoms: Problems with the ability to swallow
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Tangier disease: A rare disorder characterized by a very low level of HDL (high-density lipoprotein or "good cholesterol") in the blood. The condition occurs because the body lacks the gene to make a certain protein (Apolipoprotein A1) which normally transports fats from tissues to where it is needed.
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Timme syndrome: A syndrome involving insufficiency of the thymus, adrenal and pituitary glands. The disorder has involves three phases, each of which has varying symptoms: phase 1 is before puberty, phase 2 occurs after puberty and phase 3 tends to occur in the third decade.
- Tonsil disorders: Any disorder that occurs on the tonsil
- Tonsilitis: Inflammation of the tonsils in the throat.
- Tonsillar biopsy: The biopsy of the tonsils used as a research tool in the diagnosis of vCJD
- Tonsillar enlargement as in case of acute leukemia: due to inflammation
- Tonsillitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the tonsils
- Tularemia: A rare infections disease caused by the bacterium Francisella tularensis (a gram-negative pleomorphic coccobacillus). Transmission occurs through contact with infected animals or there habitats e.g. bites from infected insects or other animals, eating infected wild animals, contact with contaminated water and soil. Symptoms can vary greatly depending on the method of infection. For example infection through inhalation can cause symptoms similar to pneumonia, eating infected animals can cause a sore throat and abdominal symptoms and transmission through the skin can cause result in a painful skin ulcer.
- X-Linked Agammaglobulinemia: Immune deficiency from lack of antibodies.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Tonsil symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Tonsil symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Tonsil symptoms or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Tonsil symptoms:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Tonsil symptoms'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: