Glossary for Upper abdomen pain
Medical terms related to Upper abdomen pain or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal distention: The sensation and appearance of distention located in the abdomen
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Biliary Colic: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of colic due to the passage of gallstones along the biliary tract
- Biliary colic: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of colic due to the passage of gallstones along the biliary tract
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Chest pain: Any chest pain must be considered as cardiac in origin until proven otherwise.
- Cholangitis: bile duct inflammation (cholangitis)
- Cholecystitis: inflammation of the gall bladder.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Gastritis: gastritis is inflammation of the gastric mucosa of the stomach
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heartburn: Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced behind the breastbone in the upper chest due to regurgitation of stomach contents.
- Hepatitis: Any inflammation of the liver
- Hydatid cyst: It is rare for hydatid disease to be encountered primarily in the urogenital system or retroperitoneum. Moreover, prostatic involvement is extremely rare.
- Liver abscess: Pus in the liver
- Liver cancer: The occurrence of malignancy that occurs in the liver
- Lower abdominal pain: The occurrence of pain located in the lower abdominal region
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pain Disorder: Somatoform disorder causing pain
- Pancreatic cancer: Pancreatic cancer is a malignant neoplasm of the pancreas
- Pancreatitis: Any inflammation that occurs in the pancreas
- Peptic Ulcer: Ulcer on the lining of the stomach or duodenum
- Pyloric stenosis: Narrowed opening between stomach and intestines
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Splenic infarct: A relatively uncommon condition where a portion of spleen tissue dies due to a lack of sufficient blood supply to the affected tissue for any reason. An interruption in the blood supply can result from such things as emboli, thrombi, twisted blood vessels or blood pressure changes, trauma and blood disorders such as leukemia and abnormal blood coagulation. The severity of symptoms depends on the amount of spleen tissue involved.
- Stomach pain: The occurrence of pain located in the stomach
- Subphrenic abscess: A pus-filled cavity in the subphrenic region which is the area below the diaphragm but above the colon and liver. The infection can occur as a complication of abdominal surgery, acute pancreatitis and trauma.
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: A rare disorder where excessive levels of the hormone gastrin are released into the stomach which increases stomach acidity which results in peptic ulcer development. A hormone secreting pancreatic or duodenal tumor is usually the cause.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Upper abdomen pain:
The following list of conditions
have 'Upper abdomen pain' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Upper abdomen pain or choose View All.
» Next page: Upper abdominal bleeding
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: