Glossary for Vaginal pain
Medical terms related to Vaginal pain or mentioned in this section include:
- Acute (or transient) urinary incontinence: Acute (or Transient) Incontinence is caused by a new or recent medical problem that can be treated.
- Allen-Masters syndrome: Damage to muscle layers in the pelvis which allows the abnormally increased movement of the cervix. It often occurs after a traumatic surgical birth, induced abortion or excessive vaginal packing.
- Allergic seminal vulvovaginitis: Vaginal inflammation following contact with semen after ejaculation.
- Atrophic vaginitis: Type of vaginitis usually related to aging and menopause
- Autoimmune Endometriosis: An endometriosis that is caused by an autoimmune reaction
- Autoimmune Interstitial Cystitis: Interstitial cystitis caused by an autoimmune reaction
- Bartholin's abscess: Abscess in a small vaginal gland
- Bartholin's cyst: Cyst in a small vaginal gland
- Bleeding after sex: Vaginal bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cervical cancer: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of malignancy on the cervix
- Chancroid: An sexually transmitted disease caused by the Haemophilus ducreyi bacteria and is characterized by painful genital ulceration.
- Chronic interstitial cystitis:
- Chronic vaginal pain: pathologies of the vagina
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Dysmenorrhea: Excessive menstrual-like cramping pain
- Dyspareunia: Painful sexual intercourse
- Endometrial Cancer: Cancer of the endometrium (uterus lining).
- Endometrial conditions: Conditions that affect the female endometrium that is located in the uterus
- Endometriosis: Misplaced uterus tissue causing scar tissue.
- Female genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female genital organs.
- Female infertility: A condition characterized by the inability of a female to become pregnant
- Female reproductive symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female reproductive organs.
- Female sexual conditions: Sexual conditions that affect the female
- Female sexual symptoms: Symptoms of the female sexual organs.
- Genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sex organs.
- Genital system cancer: A malignancy that affects the genital system
- Gulf War syndrome: Syndrome in military veterans of the Gulf war
- Gynaecological conditions: Any condition the affects the female reproductive organs
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Herpes: Virus with one subtype causing cold sores and another causing genital herpes.
- Intercourse symptoms: Symptoms related to the act of sexual intercourse.
- Lichen sclerosis: Disease causing leathery or dry skin in genital areas.
- Lichen sclerosis et atrophicus: A chronic skin disease characterized by shiny, white atrophic skin patches which tend to occur on the neck, genital areas, around the anus, under the breasts and in body folds.
- Menopause: End of female reproductive years
- Mens health symptoms: Symptoms closely related to men's health.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Non-Specific Urethritis: Urethral infection usually sexually transmitted
- Ovarian cysts: Cysts which are located in the ovaries
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pain Disorder: Somatoform disorder causing pain
- Painful intercourse: Pain during sexual intercourse
- Painful sexual intercourse: The experience of pain whilst having sexual intercourse
- Painful urination: Painful urination refers to discomfort while urinating.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: A condition which is characterized by an infection which is located in the upper female genital tract
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Renal nutcracker syndrome: A rare condition where the left renal vein becomes compressed between the abdominal aorta and the superior mesenteric artery. Symptoms usually don't become obvious until the third or fourth decade. The severity of the disorder is variable.
- Semen allergy: An allergic reaction to the semen of a sexual partner. The reaction may be localized or systemic.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Sexual pain: Pain affecting the sexual organs or systems.
- Sexual symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sexual organs
- Shingles: Infectious viral infection occuring years after chickenpox infection.
- Sjogren's Syndrome: Autoimmune disease damaging the eye tear ducts and other glands.
- Sore vagina: Sore vagina is a vagina that is inflamed, irritated and painful.
- Stress incontinence: The occurrence of incontinence when the bladder is under stress
- Testicle disorders: Any condition that affects the testicles
- Torulopsis: A type of yeast infection caused by Torulopsis glabrata. The fungus is often found in normal healthy skin, respiratory system, genitourinary system and gastrointestinal system and it generally only becomes a problem in weakened or immunocompromised people. They type of symptoms are determined by where and how severe the infection is.
- Trichomoniasis: Sexually transmitted parasitic infection.
- Urethral cancer: A rare cancer that develops in the urethra which carries urine from the bladder to be excreted.
- Uterine Cancer: Cancer of the uterus.
- Uterine fibroids: Benign nodules in the uterus wall.
- Uterine leiomyoma: A condition which is characterized by a benign tumour of the uterus derived from smooth muscle
- Uterine sarcoma: A rare type of cancer that occurs in the uterus or associated tissues. A sarcoma is a cancer that involves soft tissue and connective tissue such as bone, cartilage, fat, muscle and blood vessels.
- Vagina cancer: Cancer of the vagina.
- Vagina conditions: Any condition that affects the female vagina
- Vaginal bleeding: Bleeding in or from the vagina.
- Vaginal candidiasis: Fungal infection of the vagina, sometimes called thrush.
- Vaginal pain in pregnancy: Vaginal pain in pregnancy is discomfort in the vagina. It can be accompanied by itch or soreness.
- Vaginal symptoms: Symptoms related to the vagina
- Vaginitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to the vagina
- Virilising ovarian tumour: A tumour that results in the virilization of females due to hormone release
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The inflammation of the opening of the vagina.
- Vulvovaginitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to the vular and vagina
- Women's health symptoms: Symptoms related to women's health.
- XK aprosencephaly: An extremely rare condition where the forebrain is absent as well as other abnormalities.
- Yolk sack tumour: A germ cell tumour that is a proliferation of yolk sack endoderm
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Vaginal pain:
The following list of conditions
have 'Vaginal pain' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Vaginal pain or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Vaginal pain:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Vaginal pain'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: