Glossary for Weight loss in children
Medical terms related to Weight loss in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Anorexia Nervosa: A disorder where a distorted sense of body image leads to self-starvation to the point of death in some cases.
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Beriberi: Disease due to vitamin B1 deficiency (thiamine)
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Bulimia nervosa: Eating disorder with binging (overeating) and purging (vomiting).
- Celiac Disease: Digestive intolerance to gluten in the diet.
- Child abuse: Physical, sexual, emotional abuse or neglect of child.
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Cystic Fibrosis: Cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disease affecting the exocrine (mucus) glands of the lungs, liver, pancreas, and intestines, causing progressive disability due to multisystem failure.
- Diabetes Insipidus: A condition which is characterized by polyuria causing dehydration and resulting in great thirst
- Diabetes insipidus: A condition which is characterized by polyuria causing dehydration and resulting in great thirst
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Grief or loss: The normal emotional response that occurs to an external loss
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Hirschsprung's disease: A rare condition where abnormalities in the bowel muscles prevent it from contracting normally and pushing the fecal matter through which results in obstruction and dilation of the bowel.
- Hypercalcemia: Raised blood calcium levels
- Hyperthyroidism: The excessive activity of the thyroid gland
- Hypothyroidism: The decreased activity of the thyroid gland
- Kidney failure: The inability of the kidney to function correctly in its function of excreting metabolites from the blood
- Lactose intolerance: lactose intolerance is the inability to metabolize lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products, because the required enzyme lactase is absent in the intestinal system or its availability is lowered
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Numbness of both elbows: Numbness of both elbows refers to the loss or reduction of sensation in the elbows.
- Persistent diarrhea: The occurrence of persistent diarrhoea
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
- Urinary tract infection: Infection of the urinary tract
- Weight loss: Loss of body weight.
- Weight loss disorders:
- Weight symptoms: Symptoms related to body weight.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Weight loss in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Weight loss in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Weight loss in children or choose View All.
» Next page: Weight loss in pregnancy
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: