Treatments for Testicular torsion
Treatments for Testicular torsion:
Suspected testicular torsion or sudden sever testicular pain is a medical emergency. If testicular torsion is recognized and treated immediately, the prognosis for retaining normal testicular function is good. However, a delay of as little as a couple of hours in treatment can result in serious complications, such as testicle strangulation, permanent damage of the testicle, the death of the testicle and surrounding tissues, infection, loss of testicle function and male infertility.
In some cases, a testicular torsion can be straightened and corrected by manually untwisting the testicle. This should only be attempted by a licensed physician.
In other cases surgery is needed to untwist or to keep a testicle untwisted. The surgical procedure includes securing the testicle so it does not twist again, as well as securing the other testicle.
When serious, permanent complications have occurred, such as death of the testicle, surgery is needed to remove the testicle.
Treatment List for Testicular torsion
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Testicular torsion
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Emergency hospitalization
- Emergency surgery - required within a few hours
- Testicle surgery - to restore blood suppy to the testicle
- Surgical anchoring of spermatic cord
- Testicle removal - if the testicle is damaged beyond repair from lack of blood supply
- Preventice testicle surgery on the unaffected testicle
Testicular torsion: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Testicular torsion:
Hospital statistics for Testicular torsion:
These medical statistics relate to hospitals, hospitalization and Testicular torsion:
- 0.022% (2,825) of hospital consultant episodes were for torsion of testis in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 92% of hospital consultant episodes for torsion of testis required hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 100% of hospital consultant episodes for torsion of testis were for men in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 87% of hospital consultant episodes for torsion of testis required emergency hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- more hospital information...»
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Testicular torsion
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Testicular torsion:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Testicular torsion,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Testicular torsion