Symptoms of Thyroid storm
Symptoms of Thyroid storm
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources
for Thyroid storm includes the 8
symptoms listed below:
- Patient with a known history of thyrotoxicosis may present with:
- Fever, profuse sweating, poor feeding, weight loss, respiratory distress, fatigue
- Nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, jaundice
- Anxiety, altered behavior ,seizures, coma
- Hypertension with wide pulse pressure
- Tachycardia disproportionate to fever
- Signs of high-output heart failure
- Cardiac arrhythmia -Supraventricular arrhythmias are more common, eg, atrial flutter and fibrillation], but ventricular tachycardia may also occur.
- more information...»
Research symptoms & diagnosis of Thyroid storm:
Thyroid storm: Complications
Review medical complications possibly associated with Thyroid storm:
- If untreated, thyroid storm is almost invariably fatal in adults and is likely to cause a similarly severe outcome in children
- more complications...»
Research More About Thyroid storm
Do I have Thyroid storm?
Thyroid storm: Medical Mistakes
Thyroid storm: Undiagnosed Conditions
Diseases that may be commonly undiagnosed in related medical areas:
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical tests related to Thyroid storm:
- Thyroid: Home Testing:
- Menopause: Related Home Testing:
- Vaginal Health: Home Testing:
- Adrenal Gland Health: Home Testing:
- Breast Cancer: Related Home Tests:
- more home tests...»
Thyroid storm: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Specialists:
- Pregnancy & Fertility Health Specialists:
- Womens Health Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Senior Health Specialists (Geriatrics):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
More about symptoms of Thyroid storm:
More information about symptoms of Thyroid storm and related conditions:
Thyroid storm as a symptom:
For a more detailed analysis of Thyroid storm as a symptom, including causes, drug side effect causes, and drug interaction causes, please see our Symptom Center information for Thyroid storm.
Thyroid storm: Onset and Incubation
Onset of Thyroid storm: Thyroid storm affects a small percentage of patients with thyrotoxicosis. The incidence is presumed to be higher in females; however, no specific data regarding sex-specific incidence are available.
Medical articles and books on symptoms:
These general reference articles may be of interest
in relation to medical signs and symptoms of disease in general:
Full list of premium articles on symptoms and diagnosis
About signs and symptoms of Thyroid storm:
The symptom information on this page
attempts to provide a list of some possible signs and symptoms of Thyroid storm.
This signs and symptoms information for Thyroid storm has been gathered from various sources,
may not be fully accurate,
and may not be the full list of Thyroid storm signs or Thyroid storm symptoms.
Furthermore, signs and symptoms of Thyroid storm may vary on an individual basis for each patient.
Only your doctor can provide adequate diagnosis of any signs or symptoms and whether they
are indeed Thyroid storm symptoms.