Transvestic fetishism: Introduction
Transvestic fetishism: Sexual arousal gained from wearing clothes from the opposite gender e.g. males wearing dresses.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Transvestic fetishism is available below.
Symptoms of Transvestic fetishism
- Sexual arousal gained from wearing clothes from the opposite gender
- Sexual pleasure associated with wearing clothes from the opposite gender
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving wearing clothes from the opposite gender
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving wearing clothes from the opposite gender
- Recurring intense sexual behaviors involving wearing clothes from the opposite gender
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Transvestic fetishism
Treatments for Transvestic fetishism
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, cognitive therapy, behavior therapy, medication
- Treatment is generally not sought unless the condition becomes problematic for the person in some way and they feel compelled to address their condition. The majority of people simply learn to accept their fetish and manage to achieve gratification in an appropriate manner, but if treatment is sought, options may include: in
- Behavior therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Transvestic fetishism
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Transvestic fetishism:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Transvestic fetishism?
Transvestic fetishism: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Transvestic fetishism:
- Distress caused by fetish
- Impaired social relations caused by fetish
- Impaired personal functioning caused by fetish
- more complications...»
Causes of Transvestic fetishism
Read more about causes of Transvestic fetishism.
Transvestic fetishism: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Transvestic fetishism
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course,...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults.
Some adults can remain...read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed correctly by primary care physicians.
Many patients with bipolar seek...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail to be diagnosed or
have a delayed diagnosis....read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe medical depression
to be overlooked.
See ...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see symptoms of anxiety disorders)...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Transvestic fetishism
Transvestic fetishism: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Transvestic fetishism
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Transvestic fetishism:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Transvestic fetishism,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Transvestic fetishism: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Transvestic fetishism
Medical research articles related to Transvestic fetishism include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Research about Transvestic fetishism
Visit our research pages for current research about Transvestic fetishism treatments.
Transvestic fetishism: Broader Related Topics
Types of Transvestic fetishism
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Transvestic fetishism, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Transvestic fetishism: