Trichophilia: Trichophilia refers to sexual urges or arousal involving hair.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Trichophilia is available below.
Symptoms of Trichophilia
- Sexual arousal associated with hair
- Abnormal amount of time spent thinking about hair
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving hair
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving hair
- Sexual interest in hair
- more symptoms...»
See full list of 6
symptoms of Trichophilia
Treatments for Trichophilia
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, drug therapy
- Treatment is generally not sought unless the condition becomes problematic for the person in some way, or they come under scrutiny of the legal system, and become compelled to address their condition. Many people simply learn to accept their fetish and manage to achieve gratification in an appropriate manner. If treatment is sought, general treatment options for fetishes may include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Orgasmic reconditioning
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Trichophilia
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Trichophilia:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Trichophilia?
Causes of Trichophilia
Read more about causes of Trichophilia.
Trichophilia: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Trichophilia
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness
because he suffered...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due to various medical...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults.
Some adults can remain undiagnosed, and...read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail to be diagnosed or...read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe medical depression
to be overlooked.
See ...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see symptoms of anxiety disorders)....read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Trichophilia
Trichophilia: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Trichophilia
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Trichophilia:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Trichophilia,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Trichophilia: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Trichophilia: Broader Related Topics
Types of Trichophilia
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Trichophilia, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Trichophilia:
» Next page: What is Trichophilia?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: