Turkey allergy: Introduction
Turkey allergy: A turkey allergy is an adverse reaction by the body's immune system to turkeys. The allergy is usually associated with the skin, feathers or excrement from the turkey. The body's immune system produces immunoglobulin E (IgE - an antibody) and histamine in response to contact with the allergen. The specific symptoms that can result can vary considerably amongst patients e.g. skin and respiratory symptoms.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Turkey allergy is available below.
Symptoms of Turkey allergy
See full list of 20
symptoms of Turkey allergy
Treatments for Turkey allergy
- Avoid contact with the allergen, antihistamines, bronchodilators for asthmatic symptoms
- Animal allergy is best treated by prevention of exposure to sensitising agents. Where this is not possible, treatment of allergy is dependant upon the type of allergic symptom, the body system affected, and the severity of the reaction. Treatments for animal allergies include:
- Allergen avoidance and minimisation of exposure
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antiinflammatories used for allergic rhinitis
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Turkey allergy
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Turkey allergy:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Turkey allergy?
Causes of Turkey allergy
Read more about causes of Turkey allergy.
Turkey allergy: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Turkey allergy
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail to...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Turkey allergy
Turkey allergy: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Turkey allergy: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Turkey allergy: Animations
More Turkey allergy animations & videos
Turkey allergy: Broader Related Topics
Types of Turkey allergy
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Turkey allergy, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Turkey allergy:
» Next page: What is Turkey allergy?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: