Treatments for Urethritis
Treatments for Urethritis:
Treatment of urethritis starts with prevention. Preventive measures include seeking regular medical care throughout a lifetime. Regular medical care allows a health care professional to best evaluate the risks of contracting urethritis due to a sexually transmitted disease and regularly test for these diseases with a simple swab test. These measures greatly increase the chances of catching and curing the sexually transmitted diseases and urethritis in their earliest stages before serious complications occur.
Other preventive measures include abstaining from sexual activity or having sex only within a mutually monogamous relationship in which neither partner is infected with urethritis or a sexually transmitted disease. Latex condoms also provide some protection when used properly.
Avoiding substances that can irritate the urethra and genital area is also important for people who are sensitive to particular substances. These can include specific spermicides, soaps, detergents, perfumes and lotions.
Treatment of urethritis that is caused by a bacterial sexually transmitted disease includes oral antibiotic medication, such as azithromycin, doxycycline or erythromycin. It is also important to abstain from sexual activity until the infection is cured and to treat all sexual partners, even if they have no symptoms.
Hospitalization may be necessary if there are complications, such as pelvic inflammatory disease, abscess or high fever.
Treatment List for Urethritis
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Urethritis: Is the Diagnosis Correct?
The first step in getting correct treatment is
to get a correct diagnosis.
Differential diagnosis list for Urethritis may include:
Hidden causes of Urethritis may be incorrectly diagnosed:
Urethritis: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Urethritis:
Urethritis: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Urinary & Bladder Specialists (Urology):
- Kidney Health Specialists (Nephrology):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Drugs and Medications used to treat Urethritis:
Note:You must always seek professional medical advice about any prescription drug, OTC drug, medication, treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Some of the different medications used in the treatment of Urethritis include:
Hospital statistics for Urethritis:
These medical statistics relate to hospitals, hospitalization and Urethritis:
- 0.005% (684) of hospital consultant episodes were for urethritis and urethral syndrome in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 97% of hospital consultant episodes for urethritis and urethral syndrome required hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 51% of hospital consultant episodes for urethritis and urethral syndrome were for men in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 49% of hospital consultant episodes for urethritis and urethral syndrome were for women in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- more hospital information...»
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Urethritis
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Urethritis:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Urethritis,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Urethritis