Visceral pain: Introduction
Visceral pain: Pain perceived in the viscera.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Visceral pain is available below.
Symptoms of Visceral pain
Read more about symptoms of Visceral pain
Treatments for Visceral pain
- Pain management generally benefits from a multidisciplinary approach that includes pharmacologic measures (analgesics such as narcotics or NSAIDs and pain modifiers such as tricyclic antidepressants or anticonvulsants), non-pharmacologic measures (such as interventional procedures, physical therapy and physical exercise, application of ice and/or heat), and psychological measures (such as biofeedback and cognitive therapy). The World Health Organization (WHO) recommended a pain ladder for managing analgesia which was first described for usage in cancer pain, but can be used by medical professionals as a general principle when dealing with analgesia for any type of pain
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Visceral pain
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Visceral pain:
- Food Allergies & Intolerances: Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Visceral pain?
Visceral pain: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Visceral pain:
Causes of Visceral pain
- Visceral pain originates from body's viscera, or organs. Visceral nociceptors are located within body organs and internal cavities. The even greater scarcity of nociceptors in these areas produces pain that is usually more aching or cramping and of a longer duration than somatic pain
- more causes...»
Read more about causes of Visceral pain
More information about causes of Visceral pain:
Visceral pain: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Visceral pain
Chronic digestive conditions often misdiagnosed: When diagnosing chronic symptoms
of the digestive tract, there are a variety of conditions that may be misdiagnosed.
The best...read more »
Intestinal bacteria disorder may be hidden cause: One of the lesser known causes of diarrhea
is an imbalance of bacterial in the gut, sometimes called intestinal...read more »
Antibiotics often causes diarrhea: The use of antibiotics are very likely
to cause some level of diarrhea in patients.
The reason is that antibiotics kill off not only "bad" bacteria,
but...read more »
Food poisoning may actually be an infectious disease: Many people who come down
with "stomach symptoms" like diarrhea assume that it's "something I ate" (i.e. food poisoning).
In fact, it's more likely to be an ...read more »
Mesenteric adenitis misdiagnosed as appendicitis in children: Because appendicitis is one of the
more feared conditions for a child with abdominal...read more »
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there are also various other causes.
See causes...read more »
Celiac disease often fails to be diagnosed cause of chronic digestive symptoms: One of the most common chronic digestive
conditions is celiac disease, a malabsorption disorder with a variety of...read more »
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis...read more »
Chronic digestive diseases hard to diagnose: There is an inherent
difficulty in diagnosing the various types of chronic digestive diseases.
Some of the better...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Visceral pain
Visceral pain: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Nerve Specialists:
- Digestive Health Specialists (Gastroenterology):
- Pain Specialists:
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Visceral pain
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Visceral pain:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Visceral pain,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Visceral pain: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Visceral pain
Medical research articles related to Visceral pain include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Visceral pain: Animations
More Visceral pain animations & videos
Research about Visceral pain
Visit our research pages for current research about Visceral pain treatments.
Visceral pain: Broader Related Topics
Types of Visceral pain
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Visceral pain, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Visceral pain:
» Next page: What is Visceral pain?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: