See what questions
a doctor would ask.
An excessive ingestion of vitamin D which usually occurs as a result of supplement overdose. Vitamin D is essential for healthy teeth and bones. Our bodies can make vitamin D from exposure to the sun but this process turns off once our bodies have enough of the vitamin. However, when vitamin D is consumed as a supplement, there is no shut-off mechanism and an overdose can lead to abnormal calcium metabolism with symptoms such as nausea, constipation, weakness and bone pain. ...more »
Home medical testing related to Vitamin D overdose:
Read more about causes of Vitamin D overdose.
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Vitamin D overdose:
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Related forums and medical stories:
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Vitamin D overdose, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City