Weight Gain: Introduction
Gain in body weight can indicate various medical or psychological conditions
or can arise socially from simple overeating.
Obesity can arise ... more about Weight gain.
Weight Gain: An increase in weight for any reason.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Weight Gain is available below.
Symptoms of Weight Gain
Read more about symptoms of Weight Gain
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Weight Gain:
- Diet & Weight Loss: Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Weight Gain?
Weight Gain: Related Patient Stories
- Can't stop gaining weight
- Prevalence of Extreme rapid weight gain w/Inderal (aka Prorpanolol)???
- constantly hungry, can't gain any weight
- sudden weight gain in chlld
- Tummy weight gain occurs when intestines hurt.
- Uncontrolable Extreme Weight Gain
- Weight gain, digestive issues, peeling face, fatigue, overwhelming hunger... help!
- Rapid weight gain and cant find the cause! Any suggestions?
- Extreme Nausea, fatique, cold intolerance, weight gain
- Help, after accident my girl can't quit gaining weight.
- Cushings Syndrome/Proteinuria/Weight Gain
- No periods, no sex drive, big weight gain!
- 6 year old with chronic tonsilitis, failure to gain weight.
- Sudden Weight Gain
- I cant stop gaining weight!
- High sugar, no weight gain.
- Cushings without weight gain?
- never hungry gaining weight.
- rapid weight gain
- Hashimotos and NO weight gain?
Weight Gain: Complications
Read more about complications of Weight Gain.
Causes of Weight Gain
See full list of 26
causes of Weight Gain
Read more about causes of Weight Gain.
More information about causes of Weight Gain:
Misdiagnosis and Weight Gain
Metabolic syndrome often undiagnosed: Metabolic syndrome, also known as Syndrome X, is
an often overlooked medical condition that causes a cluster of...read more »
Undiagnosed causes of weight gain and obesity: Although obesity may be related to lifestyle issues,
there are also a number of medical causes of weight gain or obesity that...read more »
Over-diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension in obese patients: A diagnosis
of pulmonary hypertension, particularly pulmonary arterial hypertension,
is often a misdiagnosis in obese patients.
Exertional dyspnea leads to a...read more »
Obesity-related conditions undiagnosed in children: A variety of conditions
are associated with obesity (see obesity), but these tend to be undiagnosed more often
in child patients than in adults.
Some of the overlooked...read more »
Pituitary conditions often undiagnosed cause of symptoms: There are a variety of symptoms
that can be caused by a pituitary disorder (see symptoms of pituitary...read more »
Misdiagnosed weight-related causes of infertility: A woman's weight status
can affect her level of fertility.
Although obesity or overweight can in themselves...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Weight Gain
Weight Gain: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Weight Gain
Medical research articles related to Weight Gain include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Weight Gain: Animations
More Weight Gain animations & videos
Research about Weight Gain
Visit our research pages for current research about Weight Gain treatments.
Clinical Trials for Weight Gain
The US based website ClinicalTrials.gov lists information on both federally
and privately supported clinical trials using human volunteers.
Some of the clinical trials listed on ClinicalTrials.gov for Weight Gain include:
See full list of 67
Clinical Trials for Weight Gain
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Weight Gain, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Weight Gain:
Increase in body weight over existing weight; unintentional as well as intentional gain.
- (Source - Diseases Database)
Contents for Weight Gain:
» Next page: What is Weight Gain?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: