Prevention of Whooping Cough
Prevention of Whooping Cough:
Methods of prevention of Whooping Cough mentioned in various sources
includes those listed below.
This prevention information is gathered from various sources,
and may be inaccurate or incomplete.
None of these methods guarantee prevention of Whooping Cough.
Medications used to prevent Whooping Cough:
Some of the different medications in the possible prevention of Whooping Cough include:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoids, Acellular Pertussis, Hepatitis B (recombinant), and Poliovirus (inactivated) vaccine
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine and Haemophilus b conjugate vaccine
Note:You must always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Prevention statistics for Whooping Cough:
The following are statistics from various sources
about the prevention of Whooping Cough:
- 82% of children aged 19-35 months were vaccinated for Pertussis annually in the US 2002 (National, State, and Urban Area Vaccination Levels Among Children - US, 2002, NCHS, CDC)
Medical news about treatments for Whooping Cough
These medical news articles may be relevant to Whooping Cough treatment:
Clinical Trials for Whooping Cough
Some of the clinical trials for Whooping Cough include:
- Intravenous Pertussis Immune Globulin in Patients With Severe Childhood Pertussis Infection - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - immune globulin
- Concomitant Use of Gardasil (V501, Human Papillomavirus [Types 6, 11, 16, 18] Recombinant Vaccine) With Combined Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis Vaccine and Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine in Adolescents - This study is not yet open for patient recruitment (Current: 23 Nov 2006)
- Concomitant Use of Gardasil (V501, Human Papillomavirus [Types 6, 11, 16, 18] Recombinant Vaccine) With Combined Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis and Poliomyelitis Vaccine in Adolescents - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006)
- Safety and Immunogenicity of DAPTACEL as 5th Dose in Children 4 to 6 Years Old After 4 Doses of Pentacel or DAPTACEL - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006)
- Safety and Immune Response of Different Pediatric Combination Vaccines. - This study is currently recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006)
- more clinical trials...»
Treatments for Whooping Cough
Treatments to consider for Whooping Cough may include:
Prevention Claims: Whooping Cough
Information on prevention of Whooping Cough comes from many sources.
There are some sources that claim preventive benefits
for many different diseases for various products.
We may present such information
in the hope that it may be useful,
however, in some cases claims of Whooping Cough prevention may be
dubious, invalid, or not recognized in mainstream medicine.
Please discuss any treatment, discontinuation of treatment,
or change of treatment plans with your doctor
or professional medical specialist.