Treatments for Whooping Cough
Treatments for Whooping Cough:
Treatment of whooping cough starts with prevention. The best protection from getting or spreading the whooping cough is getting vaccinated as recommended with the whooping cough vaccine. Preventing the spread of whooping cough and other contagious diseases also includes covering the mouth and nose with an elbow or a tissue when sneezing or coughing and washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 15 seconds.
Treatment of whooping cough includes antibiotic medications and requires hospitalization for infants. Older children and adults may or may need hospitalization, depending on the severity of the case, general health, and if complications have developed.
Treatment also includes rest, a cool-mist vaporizer, and supplemental oxygen may be needed to treat hypoxia. Treatment also includes drinking plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. Intravenous administration of fluids may be needed to prevent or treat dehydration, especially in infants.
Treatment List for Whooping Cough
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Whooping Cough
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Alternative Treatments for Whooping Cough
Alternative treatments or home remedies that have been listed as possibly helpful for Whooping Cough may include:
- Pertussis nosode homeopathic prevention
- Drosera homeopathic remedy
- Antimonium tartaricum homeopathic remedy
- Carbo vegetabilis homeopathic remedy
- more treatments »
Whooping Cough: Is the Diagnosis Correct?
The first step in getting correct treatment is
to get a correct diagnosis.
Differential diagnosis list for Whooping Cough may include:
Whooping Cough: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Whooping Cough:
Whooping Cough: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Baby & Newborn Health Specialists:
- Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists:
- Child Health Specialists (Pediatrics):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Drugs and Medications used to treat Whooping Cough:
Note:You must always seek professional medical advice about any prescription drug, OTC drug, medication, treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Some of the different medications used in the treatment of Whooping Cough include:
Hospital statistics for Whooping Cough:
These medical statistics relate to hospitals, hospitalization and Whooping Cough:
- 0.0042% (531) of hospital consultant episodes were for whooping cough in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 97% of hospital consultant episodes for whooping cough required hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 46% of hospital consultant episodes for whooping cough were for men in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 54% of hospital consultant episodes for whooping cough were for women in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- more hospital information...»
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Whooping Cough
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Whooping Cough:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Whooping Cough,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Medical news summaries about treatments for Whooping Cough:
The following medical news items
are relevant to treatment of Whooping Cough:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Whooping Cough