Xerotic eczema: Introduction
Xerotic eczema: Xerotic eczema is a chronic skin condition characterized by very dry patches of skin. The condition is usually triggered by environments which have low humidity such as during winter - this causes the skin to become excessively dry.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Xerotic eczema is available below.
Symptoms of Xerotic eczema
See full list of 6
symptoms of Xerotic eczema
Treatments for Xerotic eczema
- Symptoms can be alleviated by moisturizing and steroid creams. Antibiotics may be needed if secondary infection develops
- Steps for Managing Eczema:
- Make lifestyle changes to avoid temperature, humidity extremes and other exacerbating factors
- Bathe only once every 1-2 days - over-bathing can dry the skin.
- Use bath oil to help moisturise skin e.g. Dermaveen, Hamilton's Alpha Ker or QV
- more treatments...»
See full list of 14
treatments for Xerotic eczema
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Xerotic eczema:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Xerotic eczema?
Xerotic eczema: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Xerotic eczema:
Causes of Xerotic eczema
- Factors which may increase the risk of developing asteatotic eczema:
- Excessive washing of skin
- Hot baths
- Excessive scrubbing of skin
- Excessively rough drying of skin
- more causes...»
See full list of 10
causes of Xerotic eczema
More information about causes of Xerotic eczema:
Xerotic eczema: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Xerotic eczema
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The...read more »
Psoriatic arthritis often undiagnosed cause of joint conditions: Patients with the skin condition psoriasis
can also have the related arthritis subtype called "psoriatic arthritis".
This arthritic...read more »
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or ...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Xerotic eczema
Xerotic eczema: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Xerotic eczema: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Xerotic eczema
Medical research articles related to Xerotic eczema include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Xerotic eczema: Animations
More Xerotic eczema animations & videos
Prognosis for Xerotic eczema
Prognosis for Xerotic eczema:
The condition usually responds well to treatment.
More about prognosis of Xerotic eczema
Research about Xerotic eczema
Visit our research pages for current research about Xerotic eczema treatments.
Xerotic eczema: Broader Related Topics
Types of Xerotic eczema
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Xerotic eczema, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Xerotic eczema:
» Next page: What is Xerotic eczema?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: