Zonular Cataract: Introduction
Zonular Cataract: A form of cataract where the opacity only affects some of the layers of the eye lens i.e. the layers outside the nucleus.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Zonular Cataract is available below.
Symptoms of Zonular Cataract
Read more about symptoms of Zonular Cataract
Treatments for Zonular Cataract
- Treatment depends on the severity of cataracts. Some mild cataracts will be observed if the are not interfering with the child's vision and development
- Surgical treatment to remove the cataract is the treatment of choice for more severe cataracts. It is ideally performed in babies at less than 17 weeks of age to minimise visual loss, but complications with glaucoma may mean that a decision to delay surgery is made. Timing of surgery in older children is dependant upon degree of visual impairment and other factors
- At the time of surgery, the patient may have an intraocular lens implantation, or be treated with contact lenses or glasses depending upon the child's age and other factors
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Zonular Cataract
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Zonular Cataract:
- Vision & Eye Health: Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Zonular Cataract?
Causes of Zonular Cataract
Read more about causes of Zonular Cataract.
More information about causes of Zonular Cataract:
Zonular Cataract: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Zonular Cataract
Alzheimer's disease over-diagnosed: The well-known disease of Alzheimer's disease
is often over-diagnosed.
Patients tend to assume that any memory loss or forgetulness symptom might be Alzheimer...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due to various medical conditions,
such as a stroke or Alzheimer's disease,...read more »
Tremor need not be Parkinson's disease: There is the tendency to believe that
any tremor symptom, or shakiness, means Parkinson's disease.
The reality is that there are various...read more »
Rare diseases misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease: A rare genetic
disorder is often misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease for men in their 50's.
The disease Fragile X disorder can show only mild symptoms in the early years,
and...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Zonular Cataract
Zonular Cataract: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Eye Health Specialists (Ophthalmology):
- Senior Health Specialists (Geriatrics):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Zonular Cataract
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Zonular Cataract:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Zonular Cataract,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Zonular Cataract: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Zonular Cataract: Animations
More Zonular Cataract animations & videos
Zonular Cataract: Broader Related Topics
Types of Zonular Cataract
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Zonular Cataract, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Zonular Cataract:
» Next page: What is Zonular Cataract?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: