Zoosadism: Sexual arousal gained from inflicting pain or suffering on animals.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Zoosadism is available below.
Symptoms of Zoosadism
- Sexual arousal gained from inflicting pain or suffering on animals
- Abnormal amount of time spent thinking about inflicting pain or suffering on animals
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving inflicting pain or suffering on animals
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving inflicting pain or suffering on animals
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Zoosadism
Treatments for Zoosadism
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, cognitive therapy, behavior therapy, medication
- These conditions present treatment challenges, because they are often concealed, and are often associated with guilt and shame. The patient may come to treatment after involvement with the legal system. They are generally treated with psychotherapy and/or medication. The type and setting (inpatient vs outpatient) of treatment utilised is dependant upon the degree of dysfunction the condition causes, as well as the threat the behaviours pose to others. Treatments include:
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Zoosadism
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Zoosadism:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Zoosadism?
Causes of Zoosadism
Read more about causes of Zoosadism.
Zoosadism: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Zoosadism
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due to various medical...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults.
Some adults...read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed correctly by primary care physicians.
Many patients with bipolar seek help...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail to be diagnosed or
have a delayed diagnosis.
See ...read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe medical depression
to be overlooked.
See misdiagnosis of depression or ...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see symptoms of anxiety...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Zoosadism
Zoosadism: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Zoosadism
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Zoosadism:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Zoosadism,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Zoosadism: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Zoosadism: Broader Related Topics
Types of Zoosadism
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Zoosadism, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
» Next page: What is Zoosadism?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: