Treatments for Acute Gastritis
Treatment List for Acute Gastritis
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Acute Gastritis
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Generally will resolve of its own accord and only fluid replacement and rest needed
- Oral rehydration - water, electrolyte or gastrolyte preparation
- Anti-emetic/anti-nausea medications - e.g. metoclopramide
- IV fluids if severe case or dehydrated
- Antibiotics if severe case, fever present or septicaemic
- Medications to cease diarrhoea or slow intestinal motility are generally not recommended and can make condition worse
- Vigilant hygiene practices (eg handwashing, care with food preparation) to prevent spread to family and other close contacts
- Antacids, such as Mylanta or Mucaine
- H2 Antagonists
- Proton pump inhibitors
- Prokinetic agents
- Laparoscopic fundoplication
Acute Gastritis: Is the Diagnosis Correct?
The first step in getting correct treatment is
to get a correct diagnosis.
Differential diagnosis list for Acute Gastritis may include:
Acute Gastritis: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Acute Gastritis:
Acute Gastritis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Acute Gastritis
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Acute Gastritis:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Acute Gastritis,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Acute Gastritis