Acute insomnia: Introduction
Acute insomnia: Insomnia which lasts for one night to a few weeks.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Acute insomnia is available below.
Symptoms of Acute insomnia
- Sleep disturbance varies from mild to severe.
- Insomnia may manifest as difficulty falling asleep or as frequent nocturnal awakenings.
- Mood alterations
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Acute insomnia
Treatments for Acute insomnia
- Acute insomnia may not require treatment. Mild insomnia often can be prevented or cured by practicing good sleep habits
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Acute insomnia
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Acute insomnia:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Acute insomnia?
Causes of Acute insomnia
- Significant life stress (job loss or change, death of a loved one, divorce, moving)
- Emotional or physical discomfort
- Environmental factors like noise, light, or extreme temperatures (hot or cold) that interfere with sleep
- Some medications (for example those used to treat colds, allergies, depression, high blood pressure, and asthma) may interfere with sleep
- more causes...»
See full list of 6
causes of Acute insomnia
More information about causes of Acute insomnia:
Misdiagnosis and Acute insomnia
RLS sleep disorder causing night-time leg sensations often misdiagnosed: A common but relatively unknown
sleep-related disorder called...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Acute insomnia
Acute insomnia: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Acute insomnia
Medical research articles related to Acute insomnia include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Acute insomnia: Animations
More Acute insomnia animations & videos
Research about Acute insomnia
Visit our research pages for current research about Acute insomnia treatments.
Acute insomnia: Broader Related Topics
Types of Acute insomnia
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Acute insomnia, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Acute insomnia:
» Next page: What is Acute insomnia?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: