Prognosis of Amebiasis
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Amebiasis: 10 reported deaths in USA 1999 for shigellosis and amebiasis (NVSR Sep 2001)
Estimated mortality rate for Amebiasis from incidence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 10 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
10 reported deaths in USA 1999 for shigellosis and amebiasis (NVSR Sep 2001))
- Incidence: 1,803 (USA annual incidence calculated from this data:
54 cases in NJ 1998 (NJ DHSS)
- 0.55% (ratio of deaths to incidence).
- See also Deaths and Amebiasis and Overview of Amebiasis.
Amebiasis: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Amebiasis usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Amebiasis
may include the duration of Amebiasis, chances of complications of Amebiasis,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Amebiasis, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Amebiasis.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Amebiasis
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: