Treatments for Basal cell carcinoma
Treatment List for Basal cell carcinoma
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Basal cell carcinoma
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Surgical removal, photodynamic therapy, cryosurgery, radiation, topical medications - imiquimod, 5-Fluorouracil
- Excision cuts the tumor out and uses stitches to place the skin back together
- Curettage and electrodesiccation scrapes away the cancer and uses electricity to kill any remaining cancer cells
- Surgery, including Mohs surgery, which cuts out skin and immediately looks at it under a microscope to check for cancer. The process is repeated until the skin sample is free of cancer
- Cryosurgery freezes and kills the cancer cells
- Radiation may be used if the cancer has spread to organs or lymph nodes or for tumors that can't be treated with surgery
Basal cell carcinoma: Is the Diagnosis Correct?
The first step in getting correct treatment is
to get a correct diagnosis.
Differential diagnosis list for Basal cell carcinoma may include:
Hidden causes of Basal cell carcinoma may be incorrectly diagnosed:
- Light-colored skin
- Blue or green eyes
- Blond or red hair
- Over-exposure to x-rays or other forms of radiation
- more causes...»
Basal cell carcinoma: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Basal cell carcinoma:
Basal cell carcinoma: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Basal cell carcinoma
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Basal cell carcinoma:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Basal cell carcinoma,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Basal cell carcinoma