Symptoms of Bipolar disorder I
Symptoms of Bipolar disorder I
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources
for Bipolar disorder I includes the 10
symptoms listed below:
- During a manic episode, elevated mood can manifest itself as either euphoria or as irritability.
- Abnormal behavior during manic episodes includes:
- Flying suddenly from one idea to the next
- Rapid, "pressured" speech
- Increased energy, with hyperactivity and decreased need for sleep
- Inflated self-image
- Excessive spending
- People in manic episodes may spend money far beyond their means, have sex with people they wouldn't otherwise, or pursue grandiose, unrealistic plans. In severe manic episodes, a person loses touch with reality. They may become delusional and behave bizarrely.
- Depressive episodes in bipolar disorder are similar to "regular" clinical depression, with depressed mood, loss of pleasure, low energy and activity, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, and thoughts of suicide. Depressive symptoms of bipolar disorder can last weeks or even years.
- more information...»
Research symptoms & diagnosis of Bipolar disorder I:
Bipolar disorder I: Symptom Checkers
Review the available symptom checkers for these symptoms of Bipolar disorder I:
Bipolar disorder I: Symptom Assessment Questionnaires
Review the available Assessment Questionnaires for the symptoms of Bipolar disorder I:
Research More About Bipolar disorder I
Do I have Bipolar disorder I?
Bipolar disorder I: Medical Mistakes
Bipolar disorder I: Undiagnosed Conditions
Diseases that may be commonly undiagnosed in related medical areas:
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical tests related to Bipolar disorder I:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
- more home tests...»
Bipolar disorder I: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
More about symptoms of Bipolar disorder I:
More information about symptoms of Bipolar disorder I and related conditions:
Other Possible Causes of these Symptoms
Click on any of the symptoms below to see a full list
of other causes including diseases, medical conditions, toxins, drug interactions,
or drug side effect causes of that symptom.
Bipolar disorder I: Onset and Incubation
Onset of Bipolar disorder I: Most people are in their teens or early 20s when symptoms first start. Nearly everyone with bipolar I disorder develops it before age 50.
Medical articles and books on symptoms:
These general reference articles may be of interest
in relation to medical signs and symptoms of disease in general:
Full list of premium articles on symptoms and diagnosis
About signs and symptoms of Bipolar disorder I:
The symptom information on this page
attempts to provide a list of some possible signs and symptoms of Bipolar disorder I.
This signs and symptoms information for Bipolar disorder I has been gathered from various sources,
may not be fully accurate,
and may not be the full list of Bipolar disorder I signs or Bipolar disorder I symptoms.
Furthermore, signs and symptoms of Bipolar disorder I may vary on an individual basis for each patient.
Only your doctor can provide adequate diagnosis of any signs or symptoms and whether they
are indeed Bipolar disorder I symptoms.