Treatments for Central Pain Syndrome
Treatment List for Central Pain Syndrome
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Central Pain Syndrome
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Pain medications are not often useful
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Stress reduction
- Pain medications often provide some reduction of pain, but not complete relief of pain, for those affected by central pain syndrome. Tricyclic antidepressants such as nortriptyline or anticonvulsants such as gabapentin can be useful. Lowering stress levels appears to reduce pain
Central Pain Syndrome: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Central Pain Syndrome:
Central Pain Syndrome: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Nerve Specialists:
- Neurology (Brain/CNS Specialists):
- Stroke & Vascular Specialists:
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Discussion of treatments for Central Pain Syndrome:
NINDS Central Pain Syndrome Information Page: NINDS (Excerpt)
Pain medications often provide little or no relief for
those affected by central pain syndrome. Tricyclic antidepressants, such
as nortriptyline, or anticonvulsants such as gabapentin can be useful in
this condition. Patients should be sedated and the nervous system should
be kept quiet and as free from stress as possible.
(Source: excerpt from NINDS Central Pain Syndrome Information Page: NINDS)
Pain -- Hope Through Research: NINDS (Excerpt)
Their pain is severe and is extremely difficult to
treat effectively. A variety of medications, including analgesics,
antidepressants, anticonvulsants, and electrical stimulation, are options
available to central pain patients. (Source: excerpt from Pain -- Hope Through Research: NINDS)
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Central Pain Syndrome