Prognosis of Chronic Illness
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Chronic Illness: 1,634,976 deaths (68.4% of deaths) from top-5 chronic diseases: heart disease, cancers, stroke, COPD, and diabetes (CDC/1999)
Estimated mortality rate for Chronic Illness from prevalence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 1,634,976 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
1,634,976 deaths (68.4% of deaths) from top-5 chronic diseases: heart disease, cancers, stroke, COPD, and diabetes (CDC/1999))
- Incidence: 90,000,000 (USA prevalence calculated from this data:
90 million people in USA (CDC)
- 1.8% (ratio of deaths to prevalence).
- See also Deaths and Chronic Illness and Overview of Chronic Illness.
Death Statistics for Chronic Illness
The following are statistics from various sources
about deaths related to Chronic Illness:
- Chronic diseases estimated to account for almost ¾ of all deaths by 2020 (Institute for International Health Web Site)
- more death statistics...»
Chronic Illness: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Chronic Illness usually refers to the likely outcome
of Chronic Illness.
The prognosis of Chronic Illness
may include the duration of Chronic Illness, chances of complications of Chronic Illness,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Chronic Illness, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Chronic Illness.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Chronic Illness
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: