Colored-Olfaction: Colored olfaction is a form of synesthesia where smelling a particular smell results in a perception of color e.g. the smell of oranges may be perceived as bright purple. Synesthesia is a relatively common perceptual anomaly where a stimulus of one of the senses (e.g. hearing) results in an experience or sensation in another sensory modality or an unusual perception in the same sensory modality.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Colored-Olfaction is available below.
Symptoms of Colored-Olfaction
- A stimulus in one sensory modality results in an experience or sensation in another sensory modality
- Smelling a particular smell results in a perception of color
- A stimulus in one sensory modality results in an altered experience or sensation in the same sensory modality
- Music perceived as colors
- Sounds perceived as tastes
- more symptoms...»
See full list of 17
symptoms of Colored-Olfaction
Treatments for Colored-Olfaction
- There is no definitive treatment for synesthesia and the majority of people suffer no ill effects from the anomaly and many in fact consider it a special gift. If the synesthesia does prove to be problematic then psychological treatment may be of assistance
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Colored-Olfaction
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Colored-Olfaction:
- Nerve Neuropathy: Related Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Colored-Olfaction?
Causes of Colored-Olfaction
Read more about causes of Colored-Olfaction.
Colored-Olfaction: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Colored-Olfaction
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (see ...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Colored-Olfaction
Colored-Olfaction: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Colored-Olfaction
Prognosis for Colored-Olfaction:
Synesthesia is not a disease and in most cases people are born with it. Most people consider the anomaly a special gift rather than a problem to be treated.
More about prognosis of Colored-Olfaction
Colored-Olfaction: Broader Related Topics
Types of Colored-Olfaction
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Colored-Olfaction, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Colored-Olfaction:
» Next page: What is Colored-Olfaction?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: