Deletion 22q13: Introduction
Deletion 22q13: A very rare chromosomal disorder where a portion of chromosome 22 is missing at the q13 location which results in various abnormalities.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Deletion 22q13 is available below.
Symptoms of Deletion 22q13
See full list of 27
symptoms of Deletion 22q13
Treatments for Deletion 22q13
- Treatment varies depending on the type and severity of symptom that develop
- Surgery may be needed to correct defects or abnormalities e.g. separate webbed digits
- Access to programs and services as required e.g. physical therapy, speech therapy, educational support, social, vocational and medical services
- Various symptomatic and supportive measures as required
- Genetic counseling and joining a support group is recommended
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Deletion 22q13
Causes of Deletion 22q13
Read more about causes of Deletion 22q13.
Prognosis for Deletion 22q13
Prognosis for Deletion 22q13:
The prognosis varies depending on the type and severity of symptoms that develop. Prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment can improve prognosis and quality of life.
More about prognosis of Deletion 22q13
Statistics for Deletion 22q13
Deletion 22q13: Broader Related Topics
Types of Deletion 22q13
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Deletion 22q13, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Deletion 22q13:
Ophanet, a consortium of European partners,
currently defines a condition rare when it affects 1 person per 2,000.
They list Deletion 22q13 as a "rare disease".
Source - Orphanet
Contents for Deletion 22q13:
» Next page: What is Deletion 22q13?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: