Flexural psoriasis: Introduction
Flexural psoriasis: Flexural Psoriasis is a non-infectious auto-immune disease, caused by activation of T-cells within the skin. It is a form of psoriasis found in the armpits, groin, under the breasts and in other flexion creases such as those around the genitals and buttocks. It often results in redness and inflammation, with scaly, dead skin on the surface.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Flexural psoriasis is available below.
Symptoms of Flexural psoriasis
- Flexural Psoriasis can occur anywhere in our body, but commonly they occur on the knees, elbows, scalp, hands, feet, or lower back.
- Itching, especially during sudden flare-ups or when the psoriasis patches are in body folds, such as under the breasts or the buttocks.
- Nail disorders may be found in peoples with flexural psoriasis.
- Frequent shedding of silvery scales may be seen.
- Pain and itchiness in the affected area
- more symptoms...»
See full list of 6
symptoms of Flexural psoriasis
Treatments for Flexural psoriasis
- Emollients: Emollients may include keratolytic agents such as urea or salicylic acid
- Baths: Soaking in warm water with a bath oil or tar solution can often help cure psoriasis and lift the scale. Bland soaps or soap substitutes may be useful
- Systemic drugs such as methotrexate
- more treatments...»
See full list of 6
treatments for Flexural psoriasis
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Flexural psoriasis:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Flexural psoriasis?
Flexural psoriasis: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Flexural psoriasis:
- Chaffing and irritation from heat and sweat
- Secondary fungal infections particularly candida (thrush)
- Lichenification (a type of eczema) from rubbing and scratching - this is a particular problem around the anus where faecal material irritates causing increased itching
- Sexual difficulties because of embarrassment and discomfort
- Thinned skin due to long term overuse of strong topical steroid creams
- more complications...»
Causes of Flexural psoriasis
- Stress: The emotional stress such as depression and anxiety are strongly associated with psoriasis flare-ups
- Infections: A bacterial or viral infection can cause a flexural psoriasis
- Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking
- Persons living in cold temperature regions
- Steroids and some other medications
- more causes...»
See full list of 12
causes of Flexural psoriasis
More information about causes of Flexural psoriasis:
Flexural psoriasis: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Flexural psoriasis
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that psoriasis is rare in children, and not often
seen by...read more »
Psoriatic arthritis often undiagnosed cause of joint conditions: Patients with the skin condition psoriasis
can also have the related arthritis subtype called "psoriatic arthritis".
This...read more »
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail to be diagnosed early.
Some...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Flexural psoriasis
Flexural psoriasis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Flexural psoriasis: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Flexural psoriasis
Medical research articles related to Flexural psoriasis include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Flexural psoriasis: Animations
More Flexural psoriasis animations & videos
Research about Flexural psoriasis
Visit our research pages for current research about Flexural psoriasis treatments.
Flexural psoriasis: Broader Related Topics
Types of Flexural psoriasis
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Flexural psoriasis, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Flexural psoriasis:
» Next page: What is Flexural psoriasis?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: