Treatments for Food Allergy -- milk
Treatment List for Food Allergy -- milk
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Food Allergy -- milk
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Avoid foods containing the allergen, adrenaline injection if anaphylactic reaction occurs, antihistamines, bronchodilators for asthmatic symptoms
- The central concept of management of food allergy is allergen avoidance. When this is not possible or inadvertent allergen exposure occurs, treatment depends on the nature and severity of the reaction. Treatments include:
- Dietary modification and allergen avoidance - with education of children, parents and carers.
- No treatment - if symptoms are mild and self-limiting
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant.
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antihistamines used for allergic rhinitis
- Eyedrops - ketorolac, levocabastine, ketotifen, olapatadine, for allergic conjunctivitis
- Asthma medications such as inhaled beta agonists and inhaled corticosteroids - used to treat asthma which may have allergy as a contributing factor.
- Oral steroids - used in short courses for moderate allergic reactions especially with asthma symptoms or skin conditions
- Desensitisation - evidence is mixed, and efficacy dependant or the type of allergy and specific type of reaction
- EpiPen - adrenaline delivery device used as first line treatment prior to hospital care for those who have proven anaphylaxis as a result of specific food allergies
- Anaphylaxis is a severe life threatening allergic response. Treatment includes:
- IM adrenaline
- High flow oxygen
- Intravenous fluids
- Intravenous and oral steroids
- Nebulised bronchodilators
- Nebulised adrenaline for upper airways obstruction
Food Allergy -- milk: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Food Allergy -- milk:
Food Allergy -- milk: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Medical news summaries about treatments for Food Allergy -- milk:
The following medical news items
are relevant to treatment of Food Allergy -- milk:
Discussion of treatments for Food Allergy -- milk:
If the baby is on cow's milk, the doctor may
suggest a change to soy formula or exclusive breast milk, if
possible. If soy formula causes an allergic reaction, the baby may
be placed on an elemental formula. These formulas are processed
proteins (basically sugars and amino acids). There are few if any
allergens within these materials. The doctor will sometimes
prescribe corticosteroids to treat infants with severe food
allergies. Fortunately, time usually heals this particular
gastrointestinal disease. It tends to resolve within the first few
years of life. (Source: excerpt from Food Allergy and Intolerances, NIAID Fact Sheet: NIAID
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Food Allergy -- milk