Food Allergy -- oat
Food Allergy -- oat: Introduction
Food Allergy -- oat: An oat allergy is an adverse reaction by the body's immune system to oats or food containing oats. The body's immune system produces immunoglobulin E (IgE - an antibody) and histamine in response to contact with the allergen. The specific symptoms that can result can vary considerably amongst patients from a severe anaphylactic reaction to asthma, abdominal symptoms, eczema or headaches.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Food Allergy -- oat is available below.
Symptoms of Food Allergy -- oat
See full list of 34
symptoms of Food Allergy -- oat
Treatments for Food Allergy -- oat
- Avoid contact with the allergen, adrenaline injection if anaphylactic reaction occurs, antihistamines, bronchodilators for asthmatic symptoms
- The central concept of management of food allergy is allergen avoidance. When this is not possible or inadvertent allergen exposure occurs, treatment depends on the nature and severity of the reaction. Treatments include:
- Dietary modification and allergen avoidance - with education of children, parents and carers.
- No treatment - if symptoms are mild and self-limiting
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant.
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Food Allergy -- oat
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Food Allergy -- oat:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Food Allergy -- oat?
Food Allergy -- oat: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Food Allergy -- oat:
Causes of Food Allergy -- oat
Read more about causes of Food Allergy -- oat.
Food Allergy -- oat: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Food Allergy -- oat
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail to be diagnosed early.
Some of the chronic lung...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Food Allergy -- oat
Food Allergy -- oat: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Food Allergy -- oat: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Food Allergy -- oat: Animations
More Food Allergy -- oat animations & videos
Food Allergy -- oat: Broader Related Topics
Types of Food Allergy -- oat
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Food Allergy -- oat, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Food Allergy -- oat: