Treatments for Hand eczema
Treatments for Hand eczema:
Hand eczema treatment:
Treatment is aimed primarily at identifying and avoiding triggering factors. Identification and avoidance of triggering factors is the most effective treatment but sometimes the allergen can't be identified or is not completely avoidable so other measures need to be utilized: protective measures such as gloves prevent direct contact with irritating substance and also protects against weather extremes, moisturising the skin stops it from drying out and corticosteroid creams can reduce inflammation (various strengths may be used depending on the severity of the condition). Antibiotics may be needed if an infection develops.
Treatment List for Hand eczema
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Hand eczema
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Identification and avoidance of causative agents
- If agent unavoidable (eg necessary for occupation), use barriers such as gloves to avoid contact
- Emollient creams - e.g. Sorbeline for dry skin
- Wet dressings of zinc oxide and coal tar
- Topical glucocorticoids (steroid creams)
- Antibiotic creams for infected areas
- Oral glucocorticoids if severe or widespread over other parts of body
- UV or PUVA therapy
- Topical immunomodulators - Pimecrolimus and Tacrolimus - may be used as an alternative to topical steroids, but long term side effects have not been fully elucidated
Hand eczema: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Hand eczema:
Hand eczema: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Latest treatments for Hand eczema:
The following are some of the latest treatments for Hand eczema:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Hand eczema