Heat cramps: Introduction
Muscular contractions or cramps caused by exercise or working in a hot environment. Dehydration can increase the risk of heat cramps. The often painful cramps usually occur in the leg muscles and can spread to the abdomen and upper limbs. An excess loss of sodium chloride through sweat together with reduced sodium chloride levels resulting from drinking water appears to be the cause of the cramping. ...more »
Symptoms of Heat cramps
See full list of 6
symptoms of Heat cramps
Treatments for Heat cramps
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Sports drinks - contain fluids and salts (electrolytes)
- Rest in cool place
- See also treatment of dehydration
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Heat cramps
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Heat cramps:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Heat cramps?
Heat cramps: Related Patient Stories
- Sweating, heat intollerance and other stuff :/
- Sour Taste and Jaw Cramps
- calf cramp
- cramping in my left torso when i sneeze
- Forehead cramps
- strange great inner heat please help
- gassy, bloating, cramping daily! help please...
- heat intollerance, sweat and etc.
- spasms and cramps
- Always hot, sweating, and radiating heat
- The Heat ....
- Itchiness from heat?
- Tiredness, dizziness, heat intollerant and more
- Spasms and cramps
- Cough, cramps, and constant infections.
- Hamstring cramps
Heat cramps: Deaths
Read more about Deaths and Heat cramps.
Heat cramps: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Heat cramps:
Causes of Heat cramps
Read more about causes of Heat cramps.
Disease Topics Related To Heat cramps
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Heat cramps:
Heat cramps: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
- Nerve Disorders: serious diseases commonly undiagnosed:
- Chronic Pain Disorders -- serious medical disorders that may be undiagnosed:
- more undiagnosed conditions...»
Misdiagnosis and Heat cramps
Unnecessary hysterectomies due to undiagnosed bleeding disorder in women: The bleeding disorder
called Von Willebrand's disease is quite common in women, but often fails to be correctly diagnosed.
Women with the condition tend to...read more »
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there are also various other causes.
See causes of leg cramps or misdiagnosis...read more »
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (see symptoms of multiple sclerosis).
See symptoms of Vitamin B12...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Heat cramps
Heat cramps: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Muscle and Orthopedic Specialists:
- Nerve Specialists:
- Pain Specialists:
- Blood Health Specialists (Hematology):
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Latest Treatments for Heat cramps
Read more about the latest treatments for Heat cramps
Heat cramps: Animations
More Heat cramps animations & videos
Prevention of Heat cramps
Prevention information for Heat cramps has been compiled from various data sources
and may be inaccurate or incomplete.
None of these methods guarantee prevention of Heat cramps.
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Drink adequate salt or electrolyte fluids
- Drink fluids before exertion or exercise
- Drink fluids during exertion or exercise
- Avoid exertion in hottest weather
- more preventions...»
Read more about prevention of Heat cramps
Heat cramps: Broader Related Topics
Types of Heat cramps
Heat cramps Message Boards
Related forums and medical stories:
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Heat cramps, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Heat cramps:
User Surveys and Discussion Forums
» Next page: What is Heat cramps?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: