See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Japanese poinsettia poisoning: The Japanese poinsettia is a shrubby plant with thick, succulent, green stems. The flowers form on the ends of the branches and are red. The plant is often used indoors and outdoors as an ornamental plant. The sap from the plant contains diterpene esters which can cause symptoms if eaten. Skin contact with the sap can also cause skin irritation. The plant is considered to have a relatively low level of toxicity. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Japanese poinsettia poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Japanese poinsettia poisoning:
Read more about causes of Japanese poinsettia poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Japanese poinsettia poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Japanese poinsettia poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City