Treatments for Megaloblastic anemia
Treatment List for Megaloblastic anemia
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Megaloblastic anemia
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Folate - possibly used for related folate deficiency
- Treatment involves life-long vitamin B12 injections
- Lifelong Vitamin B12 supplements are needed - must be injected as the intestines are unable to absorb the vitamin. Excessive protein in the urine will persist despite treatment but does not signal kidney problems.
- Management of megaloblastic anemia is dependant upon the underlying cause, although many cases will require B12 supplementation. Treatments include:
- Identification and management of underlying causes - Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, blind loop syndrome, pancreatitis
- Dietary review and management - to ensure adequate intake of vitamin B12 and folate in the diet
- Vitamin B12 injections - may be lifelong in the case of pernicious anemia
- Folate supplementation where diet is inadequate
Megaloblastic anemia: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Megaloblastic anemia:
Megaloblastic anemia: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Pregnancy & Fertility Health Specialists:
- Womens Health Specialists:
- Blood Health Specialists (Hematology):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Megaloblastic anemia
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Megaloblastic anemia:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Megaloblastic anemia,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Megaloblastic anemia