See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Mistletoe poisoning: The mistletoe is an evergreen shrub that tends to grow on tree branches. It produces white berries which contain amines. The berries can cause poisoning if eaten in large quantities. Eating more than 20 berries or 5 leaves is likely to cause symptoms and patients should seek medical attention. Reported poisoning usually occur from drinking teas or extracts made from the plant. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Mistletoe poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Mistletoe poisoning:
Read more about causes of Mistletoe poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Mistletoe poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Mistletoe poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City