Have a symptom?
See what questions
a doctor would ask.

What is Mountain Laurel poisoning?

What is Mountain Laurel poisoning?

  • Mountain Laurel poisoning: The mountain laurel is a large evergreen shrub which bears clusters of small flowers. The plant contains chemicals (andromedotoxin, arbutin) which can cause poisoning symptoms if eaten. The plant is considered highly toxic if ingested. The level of toxicity varies amongst species but it is unlikely that eating less than three leaves or flowers would cause symptoms.

Mountain Laurel poisoning: Introduction

Types of Mountain Laurel poisoning:

Broader types of Mountain Laurel poisoning:

How serious is Mountain Laurel poisoning?

Prognosis of Mountain Laurel poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Complications of Mountain Laurel poisoning: see complications of Mountain Laurel poisoning

What causes Mountain Laurel poisoning?

Causes of Mountain Laurel poisoning: see causes of Mountain Laurel poisoning

What are the symptoms of Mountain Laurel poisoning?

Symptoms of Mountain Laurel poisoning: see symptoms of Mountain Laurel poisoning

Complications of Mountain Laurel poisoning: see complications of Mountain Laurel poisoning

Mountain Laurel poisoning: Testing

Diagnostic testing: see tests for Mountain Laurel poisoning.

How is it treated?

Doctors and Medical Specialists for Mountain Laurel poisoning: Toxicologist ; see also doctors and medical specialists for Mountain Laurel poisoning.
Treatments for Mountain Laurel poisoning: see treatments for Mountain Laurel poisoning

Name and Aliases of Mountain Laurel poisoning

Main name of condition: Mountain Laurel poisoning

Other names or spellings for Mountain Laurel poisoning:

Plant poisoning [Mountain Laurel (Kalmia latifolia)], Mountain Ivy poisoning, Ivy bush poisoning


By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use. Information provided on this site is for informational purposes only; it is not intended as a substitute for advice from your own medical team. The information on this site is not to be used for diagnosing or treating any health concerns you may have - please contact your physician or health care professional for all your medical needs. Please see our Terms of Use.

Home | Symptoms | Diseases | Diagnosis | Videos | Tools | Forum | About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Advertise