Treatments for Moyamoya Disease
Treatment List for Moyamoya Disease
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Moyamoya Disease
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Symptomatic and supportive
- Pharmacologic therapy for moyamoya disease (MMD) is disappointing. Therapy is directed primarily at complications of the disease
- Antiplatelet agents
- Superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) anastomosis
- Encephaloduroarteriosynangiosis (EDAS)
- Encephaloduroarteriomyosynangiosis (EDAMS)
- Pial synangiosis
- Omental transplantation
Moyamoya Disease: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Moyamoya Disease:
Moyamoya Disease: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Neurology (Brain/CNS Specialists):
- Stroke & Vascular Specialists:
- Senior Health Specialists (Geriatrics):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Moyamoya Disease
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Moyamoya Disease:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Moyamoya Disease,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Discussion of treatments for Moyamoya Disease:
There is no cure for moyamoya disease. Treatment is
symptomatic and supportive. Individuals experiencing TIAs and stroke may
be given aspirin, vasodilators, or anticoagulants to reduce the risk of
future attacks. There are several different types of revascularization
(restoration of blood supply) surgery that may be performed in some cases.
Children usually respond better to revascularization surgery than adults.
(Source: excerpt from NINDS Moyamoya Disease Information Page: NINDS
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Moyamoya Disease