Nail psoriasis: Introduction
Nail psoriasis: Persons with active psoriasis have psoriatic changes in fingernails and/or toenails. In some instances psoriasis may occur only in the nails and nowhere else on the body. Psoriatic changes in nails range from mild to severe, generally reflecting the extent of psoriatic involvement of the nail plate, nail matrix (tissue from which the nail grows), nail bed (tissue under the nail), and skin at the base of the nail. Damage to the nail bed by the pustular psoriasis can result in loss of the nail.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Nail psoriasis is available below.
Symptoms of Nail psoriasis
- Translucent yellow-red discoloration in the nail bed, resembles drop of oil under nail plate
- Transverse lines in nail
- Areas of white nail plate
- Excessive proliferation of the nail bed
- more symptoms...»
See full list of 7
symptoms of Nail psoriasis
Treatments for Nail psoriasis
- There is no cure for nail psoriasis but it may improve by itself and may even return to a normal appearance
- Treatment depends on the site and severity of the nail disease in individual patients
- Calcipotriol solution
- Topical high-potency corticosteroid solution or ointment
- Intralesional triamcinolone acetonide
- more treatments...»
See full list of 10
treatments for Nail psoriasis
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Nail psoriasis:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Nail psoriasis?
Causes of Nail psoriasis
- Itappears tohave a combination of genetic (family), environmental, and immune causes
- more causes...»
Read more about causes of Nail psoriasis
More information about causes of Nail psoriasis:
Nail psoriasis: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Nail psoriasis
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there...read more »
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that psoriasis is...read more »
Psoriatic arthritis often undiagnosed cause of joint conditions: Patients with the skin condition psoriasis
can also have the related arthritis subtype called "psoriatic arthritis".
This arthritic condition...read more »
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Nail psoriasis
Nail psoriasis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Nail psoriasis: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Nail psoriasis
Medical research articles related to Nail psoriasis include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Nail psoriasis: Animations
More Nail psoriasis animations & videos
Research about Nail psoriasis
Visit our research pages for current research about Nail psoriasis treatments.
Nail psoriasis: Broader Related Topics
Types of Nail psoriasis
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Nail psoriasis, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Nail psoriasis:
» Next page: What is Nail psoriasis?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: