Nevoid melanoma: Introduction
Nevoid melanoma: Naevoid melanoma is a rare form of nodular melanoma that may mimic benign melanocytic lesions. The lesions are called 'naevoid' because the cytological and architectural features resemble features of benign intradermal or compound melanocytic naevi. Nevoid melanoma is a rare variant of melanoma characterized by deceptive morphologic features reminiscent of a benign melanocytic nevus.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Nevoid melanoma is available below.
Symptoms of Nevoid melanoma
- Asymmetrical skin lesion.
- Border of the lesion is irregular.
- Color: melanomas usually have multiple colors.
- Diameter: moles greater than 6 mm are more likely to be melanomas than smaller moles.
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Nevoid melanoma
Treatments for Nevoid melanoma
- Adjuvant interferon (IFN) alfa-2b is the only adjuvant therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for high-risk melanoma (currently defined as stages IIB, IIC, and III), which is associated with a 40-80% chance of relapse and death
- Excision of primary +/- regional lymph nodes
- Excision of metastases
- Chemotherapy - mainly used for metastatic disease
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Nevoid melanoma
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Nevoid melanoma:
- Colon & Rectal Cancer: Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Nevoid melanoma?
Nevoid melanoma: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Nevoid melanoma:
Causes of Nevoid melanoma
- Generally, an individual's risk for developing melanoma depends on two groups of factors: intrinsic and environmental. "Intrinsic" factors are generally an individual's family history and inherited genotype, while the most relevant environmental factor is sun exposure
- more causes...»
Read more about causes of Nevoid melanoma
More information about causes of Nevoid melanoma:
Nevoid melanoma: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Nevoid melanoma
Spitz nevi misdiagnosed as dangerous melanoma skin cancer: One possible misdiagnosis to
consider in lieu of melanoma is spitz nevi.
See melanoma and ...read more »
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Nevoid melanoma
Nevoid melanoma: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Nevoid melanoma
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Nevoid melanoma:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Nevoid melanoma,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Nevoid melanoma: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Nevoid melanoma: Animations
More Nevoid melanoma animations & videos
Nevoid melanoma: Broader Related Topics
Types of Nevoid melanoma
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Nevoid melanoma, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Nevoid melanoma:
» Next page: What is Nevoid melanoma?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: