Prevention of Nosocomial infections
Prevention of Nosocomial infections:
Methods of prevention of Nosocomial infections mentioned in various sources
includes those listed below.
This prevention information is gathered from various sources,
and may be inaccurate or incomplete.
None of these methods guarantee prevention of Nosocomial infections.
- Changes to hospital staff activities:
- Hand washing - especially between attending different patients
- Avoiding hand contact to eyes or oral area
- Hospital staff education
- Changes to the patient environment:
- Isolation of patient
- Education of visitors - to avoid certain types of touching, wash hands, etc.
- Discouragement of ill visitors
- Changes to hospital environment:
- Sterilization of equipment
- Air filtration systems
- Vaccination - use of certain vaccines may be appropriate for some patients.
Prevention Claims: Nosocomial infections
Information on prevention of Nosocomial infections comes from many sources.
There are some sources that claim preventive benefits
for many different diseases for various products.
We may present such information
in the hope that it may be useful,
however, in some cases claims of Nosocomial infections prevention may be
dubious, invalid, or not recognized in mainstream medicine.
Please discuss any treatment, discontinuation of treatment,
or change of treatment plans with your doctor
or professional medical specialist.