See what questions
a doctor would ask.
A baby being treated for acid reflux was over prescribed medication to reduce her symptoms by a pharmacy. Her mother was giving her daughter four times the normal dosage of Zantac, an agent to reduce stomach acidity, after an operation to treat her reflux. When the baby did not get better, her mother called her doctor who discovered the error. Blood and urine tests run by the doctor did not detect any lasting damage, but the mother is now more wary when getting scripts filled by her pharmacist.
Source: summary of medical news story as reported by The Omaha Channel
About: Baby overdosed in pharmacy bungle.
Date: 23 May 2005
Source: The Omaha Channel
http:/ This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Related Medical Topics
More News Topics
This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Search Specialists by State and City