See what questions
a doctor would ask.
200 people die annually from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in the US with thousands more requiring emergency room treatment. CO poisoning can occur from car exhausts (if the exhaust is blocked or leaking), fuel-burning appliances (furnaces, water heaters, room heaters) and wood or charcoal burning inside a home, garage or tent. CO is a poisonous gas that has no color or smell. CO poisoning starts with headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness. The symptoms are similar to the flu and thus the condition is frequently misdiagnosed by the patient and by physicians which can result in death. As the condition advances, patients will experience disorientation, unconsciousness and death. If CO poisoning is suspected, patients should immediately obtain fresh air and seek medical attention.
Source: summary of medical news story as reported by Townonline - Cohasset Mariner
About: CO poisoning may be fatally mistaken for the flu
Date: 28 January 2005
Source: Townonline - Cohasset Mariner
Author: Steve Bobo
http:/ This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Related Medical Topics
More News Topics
This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Search Specialists by State and City