See what questions
a doctor would ask.
An elderly man was admitted to hospital for management of bipolar disorder and during his stay received 60 times the required dose of the wrong medication due to a pharmacy error. The man died four days after his admission due to overdosing on Librium, an anti-anxiety medication instead of being given Lithium, a common drug used to treat bipolar disorder.
Source: summary of medical news story as reported by Newsinferno.com
About: Error with medication lead to man's death
Date: 13 September 2005
Author: News Staff
http:/ This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Related Medical Topics
More News Topics
This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Search Specialists by State and City