See what questions
a doctor would ask.
A 6 year study involving nearly 2,000 children aged 1 to 7 from Finland revealed that mould in the house was determined to be a contributing factor in the 7.2% of cases who developed asthma. The development of asthma was independent of the parent's medical histories. Thus, it can be concluded the exposure to moulds can increase the risk of asthma in children. The study also highlighted the fact that children whose parents had asthma had a doubled risk of developing it themselves. Another recent study revealed that people who worked in heavy industries such as chemical, rubber, plastic, wood and paper were more likely of developing adult asthma and people who worked as waiters, laboratory technicians and dentists also faced a risk. The increased asthma risk in waiters and waitresses was determined to be due to breathing in second hand smoke.
Source: summary of medical news story as reported by News-Medical
About: Exposure to mould increases risk of childhood asthma
Date: 17 January 2005
http:/ This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Related Medical Topics
More News Topics
This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Search Specialists by State and City