Have a symptom?
See what questions
a doctor would ask.
News » Wrong infusion causes woman’s death

Wrong infusion causes woman’s death

A 62 year old woman died after she suffered an acute anaphylactic reaction to an antibiotic that was incorrectly administered to her by a nurse. The medication was given as an infusion that had been prescribed for another patient. The nurse called for medical assistance after realizing her mistake, but staff could not resuscitate the woman. The nurse has been indefinitely suspended.

Source: summary of medical news story as reported by

Related Disease Topics:

Article Source Details

About: Wrong infusion causes woman’s death

Date: 23 October 2005


Author: Haaretz Service


Related Medical Topics

This summary article refers to the following medical categories:

More News Topics

  • Australian Medical Association wants health warnings placed on alcohol products
  • Australian medical experts want Celebrex to remain on the market
  • Authorities mystified by cause of ‘sick building syndrome’
  • Autism misdiagnosed as ADHD
  • Autism risk not associated with vaccinations
  • Autoimmune disease of the neuromuscular junction
  • Autoimmune hearing loss
  • Availability of early pregnancy tests eliciting miscarriage panic
  • Avandia produces superior insulin response to sugar as well as promoting recovery of insulin-producing cells
  • Aventis presents drug trial results in context of exploding diabetes population

    By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use. Information provided on this site is for informational purposes only; it is not intended as a substitute for advice from your own medical team. The information on this site is not to be used for diagnosing or treating any health concerns you may have - please contact your physician or health care professional for all your medical needs. Please see our Terms of Use.

    Home | Symptoms | Diseases | Diagnosis | Videos | Tools | Forum | About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Advertise