Have a symptom?
See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Diseases » Oak poisoning » Summary

What is Oak poisoning?

What is Oak poisoning?

  • Oak poisoning: The oak is a large tree which has distinctive leaves and bears acorns. The acorns and young leaves contain chemicals (gallotannins, quercitrin and quercitin) which can cause symptoms if eaten. The plant is considered to have a low level of toxicity. The nuts are edible if the tannins have been leached out.

Oak poisoning: Introduction

Types of Oak poisoning:

Broader types of Oak poisoning:

How serious is Oak poisoning?

Prognosis of Oak poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.

What causes Oak poisoning?

Causes of Oak poisoning: see causes of Oak poisoning

What are the symptoms of Oak poisoning?

Symptoms of Oak poisoning: see symptoms of Oak poisoning

Oak poisoning: Testing

Diagnostic testing: see tests for Oak poisoning.

How is it treated?

Doctors and Medical Specialists for Oak poisoning: Toxicologist ; see also doctors and medical specialists for Oak poisoning.
Treatments for Oak poisoning: see treatments for Oak poisoning

Name and Aliases of Oak poisoning

Main name of condition: Oak poisoning

Other names or spellings for Oak poisoning:

Plant poisoning [Oak (Quercus sp)]


By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use. Information provided on this site is for informational purposes only; it is not intended as a substitute for advice from your own medical team. The information on this site is not to be used for diagnosing or treating any health concerns you may have - please contact your physician or health care professional for all your medical needs. Please see our Terms of Use.

Home | Symptoms | Diseases | Diagnosis | Videos | Tools | Forum | About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Advertise